Warehouse packing role based in McLaren Vale
WHO WE ARE
Located in the dress circle of McLaren Vale, Hugh Hamilton Wines is a dynamic 6th generation wine business. The Hamilton family planted the first vineyards at Glenelg in 1837. This rich 183 year history thrives in the modern wine world where it has carved out its own progressive niche.
As with all families there is a black sheep and Hugh Hamilton is it. Not one to follow the flock, Hugh’s wines are unique and embody the personalities of the black sheep. With wines such as ‘The Rascal’ Shiraz and ‘Jekyll & Hyde’ Shiraz Viognier – this is no ordinary line up.
Hugh Hamilton Wines remains a boutique winery with a direct to consumer focus. As a small producer Hugh approaches each parcel of fruit individually, allowing us to find gems and turn them into delectable micro bottlings. With production from 2000 cases to the small batch quantities of 42 dozen, each wine has a story to tell.
Their mission is to be an outstanding family owned winery famous for their top quality wines and extraordinary service and their values are thrive outside the box, be fired up, be Real and wow with service.
WE WANT YOU IF YOU:
- Are logical and organised mind;
- Reliable with a strong work ethic
- Are a self-starter: deciding what to work on and managing yourself.
- Have a forklift licence (desirable but not essential)
- Have Monday-Friday availability
TO APPLYIf you are interested, apply through the form below, or email your CV and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FORWe’re looking for a warehouse pick and packer to join our superstar team. Your duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Packing, quality checking and shipping general orders to customers local, interstate and internationally (includes lifting and moving heavy boxes)
- Booking freight local and interstate and producing consignment notes
- Liaising with freight companies and tracking deliveries
- Managing product returns
- Lodge and manage claims for lost or broken stock by Freight forwarders
- Coordinating with the Operations Manager on large contract orders
- Palletising, strapping and shrink-wrapping large consignments
- Keeping warehouse organized and tidy
- Liaising with suppliers, customers and other departments in the business
- Managing sales Admin paperwork and oversee incoming shipments
- Data entry and understanding of inventory management and control processes
- Filing, both paper-based and electronic
- General ground keeping – mowing, hedging and trimming
- Events – Set-up and preparation, working at the event, and then clearing and cleaning after the event
- Some weekend work will be required – maximum of 5 times a year
- Additional duties as required